Don’t be Silent!
get your free download!
Learn more about how you can help!
Bailey has teamed up with The Jason Foundation to serve as the first national teen advocate to raise awareness for suicide prevention on behalf of this important non-profit organization. This honor places Bailey alongside longtime musical ambassadors Charlie Daniels and Rascal Flatts.
Are You Up For The Challenge?
- Would you know how to respond if you recognized someone you know may be thinking about suicide?
- Help us start a conversation about Teen Suicide
- Learn the warning signs of teen suicide
- Challenge the people you know to learn them as well
What Is The Challenge?
The unfortunate news is that suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death in our nation for ages 10-24. We challenge you to not be silent anymore and learn the warning signs, challenge the people you know to learn them as well. We want to start a national conversation about the “Silent Epidemic” of youth suicide. Taking a few short minutes to challenge the people you know will help take some of the “silence” away from the “Silent Epidemic” of youth suicide.
Would you know how to respond if you recognized someone you know may be thinking about suicide? We lose approximately 100 young people each week to this tragedy that can be prevented. The Jason Foundation believes that education is the key to prevention. Our nation should be familiar with the warning signs associated with suicide, suicide facts & statistics, and how to find help for at-risk youth. Together, we can save lives! You may even save your friend, your neighbor’s child, a relative, or even your own son or daughter.
How Can You Help?
Challenge your co-workers, school, social club, friends, or family to join you! Share iwontbesilent.com or wewontbesilent.com. Use the #iwontbesilent or #wewontbesilent on all of your social media accounts. Change your social media profile picture to one of you holding a #IWONTBESILENT or #WEWONTBESILENT sign. You can also make one with our online generator. Suicide is PREVENTABLE! With your help, we can save more lives.
Learn the Warning Signs
- Suicide threats
- Previous Suicide Attempts
- Anger, increased irritability
- Lack of interest in activities they once enjoyed
- Sudden increase/decrease in appetite
- Sudden changes in appearance
- Dwindling academic performance
- Preoccupation with death and suicide
- Sudden Change in Appearance
- Preparation of final arrangements
WHERE DO I GO FOR HELP?
- Your favorite teacher/coach
- Guidance councelor
- Trusted adult
- Crisis line such as 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) or 1-800-273-TALK (273-8255)
- Local mental health center
For more information: Jason Foundation, Inc